Saturday, March 27, 2010

REDHUAN D OON ... lauded as a genius






  • The Star hailed him as one who " leads some of the most savvy and cutting edge open source ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) practioners in the world. "
  • Datuk Badlisham Ghazali, the CEO of MDec , said that " his success proves to the world that Malaysians can not only embrace technology but also lead in the improving and even building new technology. "
  • Oon was once living the high life as a software programmer with a five-figure salary and all the accruements that came with it. Then came the dotcom bust in 2001 and the world as he knew it collapsed. Without a job, he found it difficult to continue his former lifestyle.
  • " That period was actually the biggest blessing in disguise. God made me slow down and appreciate a lot of things that I took for granted like my family and wife. I often wondered why I had to reach rock bottom before I could appreciate my role as a husband and father. I was also during this time that I discovered Compiere and built my virtual empire. "
  • " When you have the love and strength from your family, you can go through everything. "
  • " Being down and out sometimes is a pre-requisite for success. You have to be open to new ideas and must have faith and patience that something will come along. "
  • " I used to wonder whether life was just about money. Surely, there must be more than this ? " His searching brought him to Islam. Islam gave him peace and showed a way of life that was attractive. At 18, he embraced Islam.
  • " When you are gone, you must leave behind a legacy. Money is not a legacy ; self-accomplishment is because it goes beyond money. Self-accomplishment allows for greater success to come to you. I am now making more money than when I was working because I truly love what I do and I get a huge sense of accomplishment at what I am doing. "
  • " You must learn to be truly humble when you are successful and don't let it get to your head. It can disappear overnight. You must always plan for the next thing. "
  • " Failure teaches you what you are passionate about. And it is the passion that will drive you and stop you from throwing in the towel. "
  • " The secret of success is to be driven by passion. And it is this passion that makes you enjoy the good times and cope with the bad. My greatest fear is when the passion for doing something is gone. When you are passionate about something, you will always work to seek it out and perfect it. "
  • " What is important to me is the influence and legacy that I will leave behind. "

Source - Malaysian Business