Friday, September 22, 2017

Art of Self-Discipline

Common characteristic of successful people : Self-discipline. 

Our success and happiness is determined by the amount of self-discipline we have.

No substitute of self-discipline. Intelligence, knowledge and skills are not enough.


Harvard MBA studies - 3% who had written goals earned on average 10 times as much as the other 97% of the class combined.
Write down your goals by using the SMART (specific, measureable, achieable, relevant and time-bound).

Staying focus on what you are doing.

Staying focus is about self-control from distractions and putting complete attention on what you are doing.

The secret of success lies in the code word, FOCUS (Focus One Course Until Successful).
Focusing on one thing intently with intensity can fire up one's performance and achievement.


Holding a mental picture of what success would be like and imagining how it would feel is a powerful mental discipline to motivate oneself to achieve the goal one has set.


Celebrating the 'small success' in the journey of achievement is a good way of reinforcing one's motivation to continue to accomplish 'bigger successes' to come.

Success is indeed a journey and not a destination.


American dancer, Martha Graham said it well: "Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion".

Source : Dr. Victor S. L. Tan / 1Klassified / NST


Blogger said...

Discover How You Can Master Your Habits And Reprogram YOUR Subconscious Mind To Get Any Result You Want In Your Personal Growth and Fulfillment!

Introducing... Procrastinating Your Procrastination!

Pradeep Singh said...

Great Opportunity for my business modular kitchen designs for small kitchens photos. I need support to approval the comment and reviews some people view our business.